1. Advertisement for a heated pool in a London hotel means that there is no ice on it.
2."Power Boy" laundry detergent is just as safe as hypo-allergenic baby detergent for washing baby clothes.
3. The orange drink in the bottle at "tea time" is actually made to add to water for a punch-type drink, not meant to be drunk alone...and can keep your child awake for hours!
4. When checking in extra baggage at the airport, make sure that bag doesn't contain all your diapers!
5. Lilli and Patton love to play "Safari Hunt" in which they wear safari hats and carry a box to collect treasures they find on their hiking adventures.
6. I can make popcorn on the gas stove...this suburban mom is going to survive!
7. A sunset over the Rift Valley is stunning.
8. You can make up a lot of games with pom-pom balls and popsicle sticks.
9. The only Swahili words we knew came from "The Lion King": Hasanti sana, squashed banana!
10. The name given to me by the guesthouse worker, Mama Amos, is "Mama Bebe" as I am a mama of a baby. It makes sense. Her son is Amos.
We fly to Entebbe Uganda tomorrow. Lilli has picked out her favorite dress for her arrival. Watch out Uganda, the Johnsons are coming!