Monday, April 8, 2013

out of surgery...praise God!

Travis is out of surgery and now recovering in his hospital room. He is not very comfortable but he is alive and for that we are so thankful.

When I received the phone call from the nurse that said that the three hour surgery was over and Travis was "okay" a wave of relief washed over me. I think I had been holding my breath for three hours. How grateful we are for the work of the surgeons and nurses, for the prayers of the saints, and for the quiet and cleanliness of this room. We now wait for the results of the biopsy which will help determine what lies ahead in terms of treatment.

My mom once told me that the sweetest sound to a wife's ear is the snoring of her husband in the bed next to her...a sound widows miss the most. When Travis was in surgery, he was laying with his feet higher in elevation than his head as they pushed air into his colon. That air is now needing to come out. I have to say that those burps are the sweetest sound to my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment